Saturday, May 17, 2014

Secret Cravings' Secret Recipes: Author Paige Prince

Hi everyone! This weekend, we are joined by Paige Prince, author of Second Chance At Love and she is sharing another of her favorite recipes. First, let's check out her book:

After being burned by her ex-fiancĂ© on the day of her wedding, Charlotte "Charlie" Phillips decides to give up on men and focus on her career.  That is, until she meets Evan Rodriguez, an up-and-coming star in the World Wrestling Superstars while on assignment. Their attraction is instantaneous and they begin a steamy affair. But when Evan decides he wants to get serious, will Charlie run for the hills or will she decide to take a second chance at love?

You can find Paige's book at Secret Cravings Publishing and it's only 99 cents!!

Now, on to the recipe:

"This is one of my most favorite things in the world to bake. I learned how to make it when I was pregnant with my daughter while I was stationed in San Antonio. My friend Jen suggested I make a dump cake and I thought "Well, there's no way I'm making something called that." She brought the most delicious dessert in for our next overnight shift, and I was HOOKED. To my surprise, it was a dump cake (which kind of tastes like a cobbler). I begged for the recipe and have been making it ever since. My 8 year old now knows how to make it (with my supervision on the oven) and we make it at least once every month."


Dump Cake Recipe:

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
 
·        1 (20 ounces) can crushed pineapple, undrained
·        1 (21 ounces) can prepared more fruit cherry pie filling
·        1 (18.25 ounces) box yellow cake mix
·        2 sticks (1 cup or 16 Tablespoons) of butter or margarine, each cut into 12 slices
Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (325 for glass baking dish). Have a 9 by 13-inch baking pan ready. 

Dump undrained 
pineapple baking dish or pan and spread it out evenly. 

Using a spoon, dump globs of 
cherry pie filling evenly on top of the pineapple. 

Sprinkle the 
cake mix evenly over the cherry and pineapple layers. 

Cut butter into slices with a butter knife and place slices evenly over cake mix. 
Bake for one hour. Use heavy oven mitts to remove the dump cake
 from oven. 

To serve, scoop cake out with a large spoon like a cobbler, and dump it on a nice plate. A scoop of vanilla ice cream is delicious with dump cake. Serve warm or cold. 


Sounds delicious, Paige! I've never tried to make this and now, I can come here and find your recipe as soon as I am ready. Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing with us once again. See you soon!!


No comments: