Today, we're being visited by the fabulous Paige Prince, author of Second Chance At Love. She's brought an incredibly delicious recipe for a soup that's great anytime. Let's check it out:
Slow Cooker Leek & Potato Soup
· 2 large leeks, washed, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
· 4 large russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
· 3 carrots, washed and chopped
· 2 celery stalks, chopped
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· salt and pepper to taste
· 4 to 6 cups vegetable broth, or enough to cover the vegetables
· croutons and fresh parsley for garnish
· heavy cream (optional)
· Place the leeks, potatoes, carrots, celery, and garlic in the slow cooker pot.
· Season with salt and pepper to taste.
· Add in the vegetable broth, just to cover the vegetables.
· Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours, or LOW for 6 hours.
· Puree the soup with either an immersion blender, or a food processor. If using the food processor, puree the soup in batches; DO NOT pour the whole soup into the food processor all at once.
· Taste for salt and pepper.
· Ladle the soup into bowls.
· Add croutons and parsley.
· Drizzle some heavy cream on top right before serving. (optional)
Sounds divine, right?
Thanks so much, Paige for stopping by and please visit again soon <3