Welcome to Secret Recipes. As you all know, the authors you love know how to cook up some amazing romances. But, did you know that most of us also love to cook, bake and grill? Sometimes our characters even request that we make something they like just so we can share it with you, the readers. This is the place for you to find all of those recipes. So come on in and share a bite to eat with your favorite authors. Let's get cookin'!
We are so fortunate to have one of our favorite authors that is willing to make another appearance here. Please welcome, Romance Author, Tamara Hoffa. She's dishing up a scrumptious casserole recipe this week.
You can hop on over to The SSLY Blog to find out more about all of Tamara's books and she even has a FREE read.
Parmesan/Brown Rice Casserole
· Cooking spray
· 1 cup chopped onion
· 2 garlic cloves, minced
· 2 (3 1/2-ounce) bags boil-in-bag brown rice
· 1/3 cup dry white wine
· 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 1 3/4 pounds)
· 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
· 3 tablespoons whipping cream
· 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
1. 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Remove rice from bags; add to pan. Sauté 30 seconds. Stir in wine; cook 30 seconds or until liquid almost evaporates. Spoon rice mixture in an even layer into a 13 x 9–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
3. 3. Arrange chicken thighs in a single layer over rice mixture; sprinkle evenly with thyme and salt. Combine broth and cream, stirring well; pour over chicken and rice mixture.
4. 4. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
This has been added to our menu for this weekend. Thanks so much Tamara, I'm sure everyone will enjoy this one!