Thursday, March 20, 2014

Secret Cravings' Secret Recipes: Author Jean Joachim

Welcome to Secret Recipes. As you all know, authors know how to cook up some amazing romances. But, did you know that most of us also love to cook, bake and grill? Sometimes our characters even request that we make something they like just so we can share it with you, the readers. This is the place for you to find all of those recipes. So come on in and share a bite to eat with your favorite authors. Let's get cookin'!

Today's guest is Jean Joachim. Please give her a warm welcome and check out today's recipe:



I often write about food in my books. I think sharing food with a man is sexy. In my newest book SEDUCING HIS HEART, my heroine, Bess Cooper, is a professional baker and cook. But here's one recipe she doesn't have. This was handed down to me by my mother who got it from her best friend. I love it and always get raves. It works for the oven or barbecue. Bess, eat your heart out!
Check out Bess and the book here:



CHICKEN MARIAN
Best, easiest sauce for chicken ever!

1 jar of apricot jam or jelly
1 bottle of Russian dressing or Thousand Island dressing
1 Package of dried onion soup mix

Empty the contents into a large bowl. Stir with a wire whisk to blend together the different consistencies. When blended, pour over a whole chicken cut into pieces or a dozen legs or two dozen wings or other pieces, or let chicken marinate in the sauce before cooking. Bake in the over until the chicken is cooked through but not dried out or cook over a grill. 

Thanks so much, Jean. Sounds delish! Hope you'll stop by again sometime and share more of your recipes from your Manhattan Dinner Club series.

Readers: please stop back and let us know when you try this. We can't wait to hear from you!!


2 comments:

Lindsay said...

It sounds so simple and delicious I think I might even be able to do it.

Madison Sevier said...

LOL thanks for stopping by Lindsay <3 Good luck :)