Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Featured Book: My Power To Overcome by Jessica Lynn Pereplyotchik



Today, I welcome a woman whom I consider to be my sister. Jessica Lynn is truly an inspiration to everyone. She has graciously agreed to let us all get to know her and I'm so happy to share her interview with all of you!

Hi Jessica. Thank you so much for taking the time to be here today.
Could you tell all of us what inspired you to write your book?

Jessica: I decided to write my book because I truly wanted to help others find their "power to overcome". And I felt that with everything I had suffered through growing up: how I was able to make it out and become something in life, I should share my experiences with everyone.

That's a wonderful reason to write a book! Sharing your struggles and triumphs with the world is very inspirational. By the way, who was your biggest inspiration to write My Power To Overcome?

Jessica: My brother inspired me to write my book. He told me I should write one and I thought about it for about a year. While I was struggling with earning my Doctoral Degree, I put my dissertation down and wrote My Power To Overcome in three and a half months.

Congratulations on earning your degree, by the way! I have to admit that I am a bit envious of all that you've accomplished. And so very, very proud of you! Can you tell us a bit more about your book?

Jessica: It was difficult to write the book. I had to relive all of the horrible memories that I had worked so hard to bury. And when I proofread it, I once again went through the difficult process.

Oh, I imagine so! But I believe you are one the strongest people I have ever met. You've taken a lifetime of hurt, pain and betrayal and you've turned it into such a beautiful thing. I have to believe we are only given things that a Higher Power believes we can get through. And you, my dear, have more than triumphed over everything that has ever happened to you. You didn't let it define you and that is simply amazing! I'm so glad you shared all of this with us today. I truly believe your book, your memoir can help a lot of people.

What about when you read work by other authors? Do you prefer happily-ever-afters? Or does it matter?

Jessica: I prefer books that are inspiring and have happy endings. I want to read a book and think back and say that I truly learned something.

What are you most grateful for this holiday season?

Jessica: I am truly grateful that I found "My" power to overcome and made something of myself.

I am grateful for the same thing. I cannot imagine having not met you. You bring sunshine, hope and love to everyone I know. Everyday you are smiling and I find that to be one of the best parts of each day. I love that you have turned tragedy into triumph and that you share that with everyone.

When you are not working or writing, what do you spend your time doing?

Jessica: When I am not working, I run. A lot. I run as long as I can and as far as I can. Running became my outlet and my therapy. I love challenging myself. Running became my outlet and my own therapy. Running has freed me from the demons that I have carried with me throughout my life.

I am truly grateful for the many blessings that God has brought to my life, for Him never leaving me and for showing me the true meaning of life.

As you know, I've been following your running progress. And I have to say that you are AMAZING! I love your enthusiasm and spirit for life. You truly are inspirational. I don't think you realize how very many people you have helped and do help every single day. Even for those who haven't read your book yet. You give them a reason to smile when they don't feel like it, a new resolve to keep going when they don't think they can. For that, I am truly grateful to have met you. This world would be a much darker place if you didn't shine and light the way.

Thank you so very much for sharing your story with us, Jessica. I believe you were born to do this. I believe you were led through trails of tears to bring hope and happiness to many. I wish you the very best of luck with your book and many, many Merry Christmas wishes to your family! I love you to pieces!!


Readers: If you'd like to purchase Jessica's book, My Power To Overcome, it is available in print on her website here: Jessica's Site. You can order directly from her. If you know someone who loves inspirational stories, heart-filled, triumphant, phoenix-esque books...Jessica's memoir would make the perfect holiday or anytime gift.


Thank you for stopping by and Happy Reading, everyone!
XOXOX,
Madison

No comments: